Thursday, August 27, 2009

Guess What?????

BRENNEN IS FINALLY POTTY TRAINED!
I can't tell you how long I have been waiting for this day. He turned 3 in June and I kept telling myself he would be potty trained by then. But he had other plans. He was such a stinker with the whole thing. I was getting so frustrated. I asked about everyone what they had done to potty train their kids. And tried them all and he still would not do it. Finally I read the book "Potty Train in a Day" I think that's what it was called. Well anyways, I don't have near the patience to spend all day potty training so I took some of the important concepts of the book and tried them out. Basically you buy a doll that they are interested in, we chose Woody from Toy Story and then the child has to teach the doll how to use the potty. Brennen loved it, he thought it was so cool that Woody was using the potty. I even made little Big Boy under pants for Woody and Brennen just had to wear Big Boy under pants too. Brennen really responded to peeing in the rocks so we did that a lot. I couldn't believe this was working. We started 2 weeks ago and he has been peeing in the potty/rocks ever since. We have had a few accidents of course but he has been doing so good. Brennen your a BIG BOW now! We still are working on the poop part but I am so happy with what we got so far.

5 comments:

Sarah S. said...

Way to go Brennen. I was 100% sure that it was going to be a post about you announcing that you are pregnant.

Becky said...

I thought you were going to say that you were pregnant too!

Congratulations on potty training success! Andrew was 3 1/2 when he finally potty trained... I was so frustrated one day because I knew he had to poop and he wouldn't so I said, "You are going to sit on the toilet until you poop." Well... it was already 10pm when I said that... it became a battle of wills, and I wasn't going to cave... I even gave him a pillow to lean against and a blanket to put over his legs... around 2 in the morning, yeah, 4 hours later, I finally peeled him off the toilet seat... after all, you can't poop when you are sleeping... which he was. I felt like such a rotten Mom, but even worse that he got his way in the end. :-) I know... I'm so mean. :-) I'll have to see if I can find the picture I took of him sleeping on the toilet.

Tawni said...

Congrats! I am so happy for you guys! Saige is really pushing me to do this and it is what I dread the most, I am trying to hold her off longer, but she is not letting me.
Yesterday EVERY time I went to the bathroom, she had to sit on the potty with me.
I know I should be glad she is ready, I am just not!
Good luck with the poop part, that was Hunter's problem and i'd like to give you advice, but I tried just about everything and nothing worked until he just started going. It took a long time too, but we had a lot of things working against us, having a new baby, moving 4 times, etc.
Good luck to you guys with that!

I am sure the pregnant post is coming soon. Travis and Brian talk a little too much i've noticed! lol

The McNeil Family said...

Lucky.. I hate changing two diapers, I hope brynlee will want to be potty trained soon. I thought that you were pregnant too like sarah said..

Johnna Jayne said...

So your saying I've got a couple years before I have to worry about that. Whew! Love the peeing in the rocks, good thinking.