Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Travis' accident!!!!

This past Saturday Travis went to the dirt bike track and had a little accident. It was pretty windy at the track and Travis knew he probably shouldn't ride but did it anyways. He was taking a jump and the wind took him right down. He is pretty banged up. I keep telling him he is lucky that he didn't break his neck and is in a wheel chair for the rest of his life. He thinks he tore his shoulder and knee, his hip hurts the worst. It's really swollen and looks like he has saddle bags! Well he is pretty sick of everyone giving him a hard time but its because we all care for him and don't won't to see him get really hurt next time. He is going to keep riding but he promises he will be careful and not ride if its windy. I feel bad as I am typing this because I have not really be giving him much sympathy, in fact I have been pretty mean to him. It's just that he scares me, I can't bare to think of him REALLY getting hurt. I just want him to remember that he has two little boys that I want them to see his father grow old and be there for them throughout their lives. A dangerous hobby like dirt bike riding is just not worth the risk. I still want you to ride Travis, just be CAREFUL!! You may not believe me but I do love you and don't won't to see you get hurt. Here are a couple of pics of his injuries, his broken helmet and chess protector. WARNING: Hip shot is a little revealing!!!






This is NOT A BUTT SHOT!!!! This is the side of his thigh which shows you how swollen it is. It actually has gotten more swollen and bruised since this picture. I will have to send an update.




9 comments:

Heather said...

Ouch!! Amen to telling him to be careful! I'm trying to convince Brad that he need to take it easy too. He just had surgery to replace his severed ACL after his dirt-bike crash.

Rachel said...

I just realized I can still post comments... so maybe now you won't receive a text every time... But... OUCH!!! Poor Guy!!! He does need to be careful! The dirt bikes are scary!

daniellemoyersphotography said...

nice butt shot. what the...

Bobs said...

Ouch! I just saw him at scouts and didn't even notice anything. I guess men are tuff!

Unknown said...

Hey Travis if you need help mowing lawns I am more then willing to help.

Ella A. said...

Ouch, travis! take it easy, you dare devil.

Tanner and Shasta said...

Oh my heck. Seriously? He's way lucky. K at first I totally couldn't tell if the hip shot was from the back or front...... and needless to say I was half convinced he gets bikini waxes! sorry I'm retarded. But it's kind of funny! Hope he feels better soon!

See you Friday! Janae and Katie are coming. Still waiting to hear from Jill.

Savannah said...

Hey Tara! I am so glad you found my blog! :) Needless to say, Your family is sooooo cute! I Love all of your pic's!!! Well, let me clarify that one.....I meant the pictures of your kids and family...Not the half butt shot of your hubby :) Hope he's feeling better by the way!!!

It was good to hear from you!

Savannah

The Graham Crackers said...

Oh my goodness!! What was Travis thinking?? jk! That made me cringe looking at that! Tell him we're sorry, but to listen to his wife. :) That would be great if you could take the pictures this weekend! Thanks Tara. We'll see you then!