Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Holidays


Well like I said before I am just trying to catch up and post everything I missed these past couple of months. Everyone has been asking for our Hawaii pics. I will get those up next, don't worry.


THANKSGIVING

We had Thanksgiving this year with Travis' family. We ate at his parents house. We had such a yummy dinner. After we did a family tradition of putting together a time capsule that they do every 5 years. We got to open up the one from 5 years ago and it was so neat. I am so glad we do this because a lot happens in 5 years and it was just so cool to see how we have all changed and how different we are. We fill out a little questionnaire thing and then we do a little video interview of your hopes and dreams for the next 5 years.



We finally got all 5 grandboys together and of course I had to take a picture. Here they all are! Quinn (tara&jakes), Thomas (tamara&steve), Bryson (mine), Mason (tara&jake) and Brennen (mine).


Travis' Mom came up the weekend before Thanksgiving to visit and decided to do a Thanksgiving dinner with her kids. And that's what we did so we had two Thanksgiving dinners this year. Yummy, yummy!!




CHRISTMAS EVE


We spend every year with my family for Christmas eve. My Mom makes an awesome dinner that we have had for years and years. I love Christmas time we have things that we only have at Christmas time and it just makes it so much more memorable. I just love it. It brings me back to growing up in the Hatch home. After dinner every year we open up PJ's and then drive around to look at Christmas lights. My Dad also tells the Christmas story from the Bible. Oh how I love Christmas time. Especially now that I have kids, it makes it even more fun and exciting to share it with them.






When we got home it was so late but I still made Brennen decorate cookies for Santa. Bryson was so tried and was not havin it so Brennen didn't mind doing it himself. I think it was better this way because they probably would have fought the whole time. After the boys were asleep, Santa finally came!




CHRISTMAS MORNING



CHRISTMAS WITH THE BOWMAN'S



CHRISTMAS WITH THE HATCH'S



We go a little over board for Christmas and we were definitely spoiled this year. But this is what we all got for Christmas. I just love to shop and this is really the only time I get to. So like I said I go a tad over board!!!





NEW YEAR'S EVE


We had a little party at our house this year. Mostly people from my work and my brothers and sisters came. We played games and at midnight Travis lit some fireworks that resulted in this nice size whole in our back yard. Nice one Travis!



1 comment:

Pini said...

So happy you finally posted! I've been wondering how you've been...looks like your holidays were wonderful. Tell everyone at the office hey! Miss you girl! ps-happy belated birthday you OLD woman. (30's aren't so bad)! :)