Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The month of June

June was just as busy and I can't believe how many pictures I wanted to post and just couldn't. I really need to stop taking so many pics. It's a sickness I have. June was the month of birthdays in our family. Brennen and Travis. I put a lot of planning into Travis' after all he did turn the BIG 30 this year. It was great and turned out so great. I think he had a great time even though I did everything he hates. He is such a good sport.


Happy 4th Birthday Brennen


Brennen turned 4 on June 2nd. I had to go to girls camp on his actual b-day so we planned it a little early. When I took him to party city to pick out his b-day stuff, he picked a pirate themed party. Don't know where that came from but we did it and it was great. We all put fake tats on, pirate hats, and cold stone did a great birthday cake for us. He absolutely loved it, he loves all he attention and most important all the gifts.
Here are some pics I got of him in honor of turning 4. You gotta love this kid. He is just like is Mom good and bad!








Skyline Girls Camp 2010

I was called to serve at girls camp on the stake staff this year. I was called as the "Craft Queen" and photographer. My partner in crime Katie Winfield. This was my very first experience with the young women since I was one. I had such a great time. All the hard work and tons of meetings we had was all worth it. Here are just a few of the pics we took of our adventure at girls camp this year.



Mom and the boys out on the town


I am usually so bad and never take my kids anywhere because I am so busy all the time. It never stops. I finally had had enough and decided I needed to spend some much needed time with my boys. I took them to Mesquite Aquatic center on Val Vista and Riggs. We love that place, it has a huge play ground area right in the middle of the pool. My boys are amazed by it and would stay all day if I let them. Travis just
happened to be working close by and was able to stop by for a few minutes to say hi. We wished he could have stayed. After we were starving so we of course headed over to Fat Burger appropriate for how hungry we were. They have the best milk shakes. That night Travis and I took the kids out to see Shrek Ever After. What a great day with my boys. They deserved it and I hope to do it more often.



Toy Story 3 and the Science Museum


These are a few things we also did this summer. Toy Story 3 came out and I just had to take them. They just LOVE Toy Story. I wish I could have taken a picture of them watching it because their eyes never left the screen. I just sat there watching them more then the movie. I love seeing them so excited. I had to meet a friend in Phoenix one day, she was planning on taking her kids to the science museum and invited us to come along. So to make the trip worth it we tagged along. That place is great, our favorite part was the camera that let us disfigure our faces. The boys laughed and laughed.


Fun in the backyard


One of Brennen's b-day gift from his Uncle Brett was a slip-n-slide. We set it up and well here it is...


HAPPY 30th BIRTHDAY TRAVIS!


My sweet husband turned 30 on the 26th of June. I just had to do something big for this occasion. I just love parties, having a good time and SURPRISES. Travis would just rather go out to dinner with his fam and call it good. And he absolutely HATES surprises. I know he sometimes hates that I am the opposite but thank goodness he is a good sport and lets me do my thing. I wanted everything for his birthday to be a surprise. It took me 2 months to plan this bad boy. All I would tell him is it's things he has never done before. I am pretty sure he guessed it all but it still was fun once the day came.


Travis has never had a massage, facial and pedicure. So that's what I planned for the birthday day. I wanted him to have a relaxing day with me. We did it together and I love it. He really didn't but again he is a good sport. Now he can say he has done it all. He told me he will probably never do it again. His favorite thing was the massage so he said he might do a massage again. We'll see...


After all our appointments we went out to eat and then went home for a rest and for me to give him my best gift. A month before his birthday I did a boudoir session with an awesome photographer. If you don't know what a boudoir session is I am not telling. Lets just say it's only for Travis to see. It was so much fun. She came with a make-up artist and everything. I got all done up, as pretty as I can be and we just took shots of me around my house. Don't worry it was all modest and very classy. She put all the photos in a very nice 8x8 album. I wrapped it all up and gave it to him. He of course loved it!

That night I planned a huge surprise party with all of his friends and family. What I was most proud of was I got all of his close friends from high school to come, he hadn't seen some of them in 10 years. Some didn't show up till it was almost over but hey they came. It was hilarius once we drove up and he figured out it was a party. He HATES being the center of attention. I hired a DJ too and right when we walked up he played "Let's get this party started." It was AWESOME!!! I was so nervous it was going to be lame but I think everyone had a good time.


We ate a lot of food and swam.

We got Travis in a dunk tank. My brother Tyler dunked him first. I had the first shot and totally missed, wasn't even close.

Friends and fam having a good time.


Singing Happy Birthday.


And then the dancing. The DJ did such a great job. He played the best music. Pretty much my sisters and I were the only ones dancing. I knew that was going to happen. Good thing I have my sisters because it would only be me out there. Our friends are so lame. Ha, ha!


His birthday was a success and even though he didn't want any of it I think he still had a great time. Thanks babe for being you and letting me be me! I love you and Happy 30th!


Random Pics


We had a ward swim party this month, some pics of us there. And then some funny pics of Bryson. I checked on the boys like I do every night before I go to bed and this is how I found Bryson, almost completely under Brennen's bed. Too funny.





Twilight Premier


Yes I almost hate to admit it but I am a Twilight fan. Go Team Edward! I know gay. All the girls from my work decided to go to the premier and I just had to come along. I had my sisters come too, here is Mariah being Mariah and my good friend from work Danielle. I absolutely LOVED the movie and can't wait till Breaking Dawn!


5 comments:

Tawni said...

I am so proud of you for getting all of this blogging done. It feels good, doesn't it!
Can you please please please email me that pic of Brian & I at Travis's bday party! I LOVE it!

larsen family said...

What a month! YOu are better than I at posting and taking pics. I am lucky if I have one pic to every ten posts.

The McNeil Family said...

YOu always have fun and exciting posts to read.. What a fun month. I am not sure if I like that big picture of me at Travis's party. Thanks for inviting us it was a blast.

Drew & Danielle said...

Look at you, you blogging machine! I love getting to see the pics to all the events that I know are goin on in your life... Nicely done my friend!

Pini said...

You're ALIVE!
Love all the posts...and congrats my friend on baby #3!! I'll come visit AZ max soon...:)